Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Thankful Heart . . .

What does it truly mean to be thankful. . . . well I don't know, maybe is it a state of mind or action. Whatever it is I am thankful that I have the ability to feel grateful for all the wonderful and sweet things in my life. I feel that I can express myself better through my writing-its my therapy. Especially this time of year when the thoughts of gratefulness become closer to the surface.

I have truly been blessed. I have a wonderful, supporting husband who I love to wake up to every morning. It is like waking to a fairy tale-my treasured fairy tale. Jesse, I love you and really couldn't say it enough. Thank you for keeping me focused and for helping me not sweat the small things in life. Thank you for providing for me and our little family & for supporting my desire to finish school and whatever else I will be apart of some day. It's true when I say you are my better half, my rock, and my lighthouse. I'm glad that you are mine for eternity. Thanks for choosing me!

I have a heavy thank you to say to my families. I have a mom who has relentlessly given me love, support, advice, and has been the kind of friend a daughter craves for. I love you mom. Thank you for being such an example to me. You and dad raised me well. . . I have no doubt that all of my successes in life have stemmed from your belief in me. You are such a strong woman who can do it all. Its amazing to me just how strong you have become, since we were all faced with the trial that has been presented to our family-longing for our beloved daddy and husband. Thank you for being my rock, example, my best girl-friend!

I wish more than anything to have my dad read this. . . but I know that he hears my thoughts and knows my heart. To you I say thank you for being the kind of dad that taught his girls how to become strong individuals, but how to love unconditionally. There never was a dad who loved his girls more than my daddy. You are truly an amazing individual. You fought so hard-for so long. You beat the disease time and time again. You taught me through this experience that no matter what life gives you, you take it and smile-smile all day long and never look back. I saw my daddy grow spiritually the past three years, more so than the previous. He showed me what really matters in life-family and love for one another. It will be nine months this month. Wow it seems like eternity since I hugged you and heard you call me "precious kid". I can't wait for eternity!! For now, thank you for being my guardian angel and keeping me looking up to heaven. Hugs and Kisses

The bond between sisters is unbreakable. Thank you Nic for always keeping my feet in the ground and for seeing things in a different light. I thank you for always being someone who truly cares and shows concern for me. I hate the distance miles between us. But I know that we are bonded together by other means of love. Thank you for being the best big sister I could have ever asked for. You are such a support to me and have always had my back. I look up to you more than you would ever know. Its amazing how much we are alike, yet so different. Truly we were meant to be twins! Your such a genuine example to me-keep it up-I'm watching. :)
Love you sis!! Simply put-Thanks!

To my other family who have taken me in as one of their own daughters, not just a daughter-in-law. Thank you for being such a great supporting factor in mine and Jesse's lives. I appreciate your love! I couldn't have asked for a better family to be married into. Thank you for raising Jess to be the strong individual that he is. He is definitely one of a kind. I am truly thankful for him and the royal way that he treats me. I know that he has learned how to be a great husband from watching his dad and I appreciate all that you both have done to teach him how to be a gentleman. He is truly my greatest gift. Thank you for everything and for allowing me to be apart of your family.

Thank you to many, many more who have influenced me in my life.


5 comments:

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

That was the BEST post Ive ever read. You are such a caring loving person Danielle. I always looked up to you in school. You have such a great family. I really miss your daddy too. He will never be forgotten. And your mother is just beautiful and always so kind.

Unknown said...

I just think you are one amazing, classy woman Danielle. I love you so much.

Jackson's said...

Ditto!!!!! Love you too..

Crystal said...

Hey! How are you. I am glad to see that you have a blog so I can keep track of you guys. I have been trying to get Teri to start one for a long time. Anyway, I am glad to see that you are well. Keep in touch!

Channa said...

Hi Danielle! It's been such a long time since I've seen you! You look great and it's good to hear that you and Jesse are doing so well. I found your blog through Nicole's. What a cute family she has. Anyway, hopefully this is a good way to keep in touch. I hope you have a very happy holiday season!

~Channa

P.S. I was wondering if you could let me know your email address so that if you'd like, I can send you an invite to my blog. channadalton@gmail.com