Monday, May 30, 2011

Finally . . . I am with my BOYS!!




Monday, May 30, 2011
Arrived yesterday at Primary Childrens Hospital. My sweet in-laws helped me make the trip up. They were able to bring up my car so we could get around.

We were able to get a room at the Ronald McDonald house-terrific place and close to the hospital!

On to the really good stuff!
I just couldn't wait to see Tritton! He looked so good and was just a doll. I got to hold him as soon as I arrived and later help feed him. I even got to change a poopy diaper-silly moments but I just loved it!

Tritton was able to get of all forced oxygen, but still has a nose tube of oxygen. He keeps wanting to hold his breath so we have to watch the monitors to make sure we keep him breathing. What a little stinker!!

I met Dr. Delgado, who is the charge Dr on the CICU (Cardiovascular Intensive/Infant Care Unit) She will not be the doctor who performs the surgery, but will assist in making decisions and care of our little angel!

Primary's is such a wonderful place. It reminds me of an elementary school, with all the children artwork and sweet-spirited environment. I feel at peace there and love being with my little boy.

Surgery is not scheduled, but possibly this week sometime. We will know more after Wed-when the doctors meet. They feel where Tritt is doing so well that his case is not a "high priority" and want him to get a few more days of life and strength under him-basically to make him stronger.

Here are some pics from the day. Will try to post more. He is such a fighter and your prayers are all felt. Jesse and I are so thankful to all for being so supportive. WE LOVE YOU!

8 comments:

Shanna said...

Hooray!! You both look so great!! I am glad he is so strong! Enjoy holding that little sweetheart, and even the poopy diapers :)

Unknown said...

He is adorable! I'm so glad you were able to get up to the hospital! I can't imagine being away from him!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Danielle, you look AMAZING! and Tritton is such a DOLL! I am so happy you are all back together as a family. It's great to hear that Trit is doing so well. Your family continues to be at the front of our thoughts and in our prayers. I can't wait to snuggle that little man!! Love you guys!!

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

I love reading your updated progress! Babies are incredible fighters. I don't know how many times I've heard a Dr or Nurse tell me with my own boys that "Babies are alot stronger than we give them credit for".... this is true. I'm so happy to hear you were finally able to make it up there to be together with your boys! I can't imagine what you are going through however I know the lord will answer your prayers and I will continue to pray and think of you daily!!!!

Ben and Misty said...

What a journey! I'm so sorry that it had to happen this way, but so glad that so many wonderful things are happening along the way! I can't believe how chubby he is and can't wait for you to get to bring him home!!

RaNae Stevenson said...

We were thinking of you all day today as we fasted for your little guy. He is darling and looks so healthy and strong. I'm glad you met up with the angels that needed to help him become healthier and stronger. We love you guys and thanks for continuing the updates of Tritton's progress. The Stevensons.

Kennedy Klan said...

Danielle, We are so glad you are now up there with your boys and Trit can be held by his mom :) You look so great I love your new mommy glow! I am so glad you were able to get a room at the Ronald McDonald house. I had to stay there also when I was trying to have Jaden at 32 weeks. Its such a GREAT Blessing to have a place like that for people like us that need to be up there and close to the hospitals. You all will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers at this time. We are so thankful that Trit is doing so well and that you are up in a place that knows so much to help these babies that need a bit of help. Please know that your Heavenly Father loves you and has you in his loving arms right now in your time of need.
Loves from your home town!
Travis, Ann Kennedy and Marie Jensen :)

Natalie said...

Danielle and Family,

Stef has been keeping me updated on your little miracle. We are praying that all goes well and you will have the strength to deal with everything.
We too stayed at the Ronald McDonald house when our twins were born and it was such an amazing place. We were so touched by all of the service that we received while staying there and hope you have a similar experience.
Good luck with everything and know that SO many people are praying for you.
Lots of love,
Natalie Remund (Dalton)