Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day-Day Two

Tyson woke up to little footprints and a surprise from Larry the Leprechaun. He decorated his door for good luck and lead Tyson on a treasure hunt!
Tyson followed the little footprints around the house . . . .
And finally found a little stash of prizes for him. He got a fishing pole game, T-shirts and paints to decorate them, couple of water-growing animals, shamrock stickers, and a letter from the leprechaun. He was so excited!! And while he was getting ready I tried to secretly "pick-up" the footprints. . . . well then he noticed and I had to make up some story about the leprechaun not wanting anybody to follow him. . . . he was fine with my explanation. Whew!!On Tuesday mornings Tyson has a little library class that he goes to. It was the cutest place! The library was made out of an old barn (but they have added on to it) and it has a little kiva for the kids to gather for library time with a teacher. They sing songs and read books. Afterward we got to check out library books . . . we came out with 10. Between his mother and I (both educators) we wanted more, but settled for 10. We have already read 6 as of tonight. "Reading a Westwood/Jackson past-time!!'
After library time we went to a market place called Nino's. WOW!! It was all produce and meats! All fresh cut right before your eyes. It was the biggest market I have ever seen - I loved it and they had sample stations there too. Tyson absolutely love that-So did I-needless to say I wasn't too hungry around lunch time.
We went to another park called Kids Kingdom. It was themed like a castle and a lot bigger than Friendship park. We played until Aunt D was tired and wore out. Tyson could have played for hours. He said, "Lets stay for one-thousand 46 minutes!" Yeah OK!

He loved the swings!!

Taryn has this look that Papa Westwood would call it her "Worried Look." I couldn't help resists snapping this picture while she was in her car seat (which by the way she hates to be in).
What a look babe!!
Later we went a store out in the middle of a farm where they have homemade ice cream. It was delicious!! Rich and amazing!! I couldn't eat all of it. The kid size was what I would call normal; it was huge, but I sure made a large dent.
Day two has been great! I love having to spend time with Nic, Vaughn, and the two kiddos. They have the cutest family! Lucky Me!
Stay Tuned. . . .

1 comment:

Channa said...

Hi Danielle! So fun to hear from you. I just sent you an invite so please let me know if you don't receive it. It looks like you are having such a fun time with Nicole and her family. I hope you enjoy your time there - and here's hoping for some warm weather while you're there! :)