Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day of Healing :)


"Looking at His Daddy"


*Being Held by Mom*
I LOVE this Moment!

Sunday, June 12, 2011 (Post Surgery-Day 10)
Sundays are usually quiet day on the CICU floor, but a busy visiting day for many at the hospital. We had got ready to go to church this day and hurried off to see Tritton first. He was wide awake and really responsive due to his new medication that they had him on for his sedation and pain. I am so glad they made the switch from the more aggressive kind that made him pretty sedated most of the day. Another reason why they switched it out is because he will need to eventually be weaned of it and this new kind is not so hard to wean him from.

He was so fun to be around and watch move. His little legs go a hundred miles an hour. Running Races! It is also wonderful to look into those precious eyes and see him looking back at you. At times he will look past you and just stare. . . makes you wonder who else is there with us :)

Jess and I attended the hospitals LDS branch that morning for sacrament meeting. It was really a sight to see a lot of parents and their children who are receiving treatment at Primarys there. There was a calming spirit about room. We were fortunate to have some friends (although being at the hospital with their little girl was unfortunate) the Wises, meet up with us at the service. It was great to set by familiar faces and visit afterward with them. They are such a strong and loving couple. So glad we get to associate with such people-Love You!!

During sacrament meeting we sang "Count Your Many Blessings", such an appropriate song to sing. It felt so good to be in such a meeting. It was fast and testimony meeting this week, due to the telethon that went on the week previous. It was a short meeting due to there only being 35 minutes of time total, but welcomed time indeed!

There were just about 10 minutes for he bearing of testimonies, so few were able to do so. I was gaining the courage to get up, when a young man raced to the pulpit. He joked and said that he wanted to take full advantage to bear his testimony in his PJ's-since this would be the only time he would ever get to do so in a sacrament meeting :) We all had a good laugh at this, then he went on to say that he was there with both his little boys and wife. He had with him his I-Pad where he had ready to share with us part of an article that he had come across just the night before. As he began to read I recognized the words immediately! It was the same article "Face the Future with Faith" by Elder Russell M. Nelson, that I had read not just 2 days previous and many times since. He got very emotional reading the same parts that I have mentioned in the previous post. I too became emotional at the non-coincidental way this article was found by him, similar situation of doubting his faith. Jess squeezed my hand and I knew that he too recognized the words.
After the meeting I happen to see this man standing off waiting for his family. I took the time to thank him for sharing the article that he did and shared with him my own experience with finding and reading it. It was a emotional and heart-filled conversation with him. It was nice to see the Lord's work in a different-yet similar-avenue of anothers life. What a confirmation of what I had learned-to see it working in his mans own trial of faith.

Later that day Tritt was given a trial run being off him ventilator, he did well for 45 minutes and then began to take panic breaths, but first time went well. They later gave him another trial and he did better. They would work throughout the night on more trials for longer periods of time and hope for him to be rid of it come Monday.

Tritt also got his "Art line" that was inserted in his bellybutton to his heart-taken out. This allowed us to hold him up underneath his bedding. OH! It was a wonderful moment to get to hold him once again! We were told that once his breathing tube is out then we can hold him fully!! I could not wait!! We had some fun pictures of him while we held him.

This was such a day of healing! Spiritually, Physically, & Emotionally! I had been renewed with faith I never knew existed in me and a comfort hand was with us all day! I felt a peace I had not truly understood until this day! I know everything is going to be alright, yes it will take time, but I am ready to endure it more faithfully!

No comments: