Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Days Old!!






Wednesday, June 1, 2011 (5 Days Old)
Today was a good day to be with Tritton. We feed, changed diapers, loved, and hugged on him all day. His surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM, so we have to get as much love in as we can, since after the surgery we will not be allowed to hold him for a few days.

All of the doctors and nurse practitioners visited with us today about the procedures of the surgery and had us sign the consent forms. Dr. Birtch will be the surgeon performing the surgery. He said that usually within a year they maybe see about 12 cases of this heart defect, but this year alone they have already performed over that number. So, fortunately or unfortunately they are very well aware of what needs to happen during surgery. We feel blessed to have a doctor who is well versed in such a task. We know we are in good hands.

We have had lots of prayers and blessing from so many loved ones. That is what keeps us going. Today, although it was a good day, I have been really emotional at the thought of my little boy being in pain and having to go through this ordeal. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves and draws his strength from Heavenly Father. Jess is such a good man and is my rock! I can't imagine dealing with this without him, so blessed that I never will have to.

A thought I had today while we sat with Trit. . . . I was thinking what it says in my patriarchal blessing. I would like to share one thing from this personal blessing from my Heavenly Father. It is repeated 3 distinct times that although hardships, trials, and tribulations will come into my life to always seek the guidance and direction of my Heavenly Father. I can't tell you how much that use to scare me, but know I feel that it is serving its purpose in comforting me to rely on my Heavenly Father and his healing powers. To place this in his hands and have the faith on my end to understand the outcome of what will take place. I know my Savior loves me and knows the desires of my heart. I know that love is abounding all around our little family right now, I feel it in every phone call, text, message, thought and prayer that has been directed our way. The plan of Eternal Families is real and I know we have Papa Westwood and many, many others carrying us and Tritton through each day-each moment.

Again thank you to all for your love. Words cannot express our thankful hearts to you and all you do. Thank you to our families whose strength we have felt and continue to feel. I can see why Heavenly Father created the family unit. We all are family, connected in a beautiful plan. I am grateful to be apart of it and have the knowledge that we do. May the Lord bless and protect you all as you have blessed us! Love to many. . . .Love to all!

9 comments:

Melfam said...

Wow! You're words were so neat and perfect! You always know the right things to say! My thoughts and prayers are constantly with you guys. Tritton is so lucky to have such amazing, spiritual, and loving parents. Tritton is such a beautiful, handsome little ANGEL. Heavenly Father will be cradeling him in his arms during the surgery...he is truly in the most perfect hands he can be in. Love you guys! Thanks for teaching us all how to be such a strength during difficult times, and also how to look for the blessings in those times of need.

Sherry said...

Danielle and Jesse, I am so glad to year little man is in good hands. I also want to thank you for your strength and faith. You two are so lucky to have each other and our Heavenly Father to rely on. Jesse I must thank you for Danielle that you are a faithful member. I have to say that because I desire that and I feel so grateful reading what Danielle wrote about the two of you having such a testimony. Little man is in good hands with our Heavenly Father. My prayers are with you.
Sherry Ruesch

FotoTale Designs said...

Danielle, you have a beautiful way with words! Thank you for sharing your strength and your testimony. We love you guys!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Danielle, you have a beautiful way with words! Thank you for sharing your strength and your testimony. We love you guys!

Cally said...

Danielle, so sorry to hear about your little boy. I'm sure your dad was watching over and protecting your little family. I hope his surgery went well today. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Caitlin said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jesse, and baby tritton. He could not have 2 better parents. I love you guys
Caitlin

Tigger said...

I heard this morning that he is looking a little better today. I hope it is true and things are going well for your sweet little precious bundle!
Much love and prayers from the Nay, Stratton, and Bramall Clan!

Unknown said...

We love you guys so much! Your optimism is an absolute inspiration to me! I wanted to call/text you but I didn't want to add to the onslaught you're probably getting already. We love you and are praying for you! He is DARLING!!!!

Unknown said...

PS we left you a little surprise on the scripture blog...remember that thing?...HA HA:)