Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wimmicks Gray Dots & Gold Stars!


"Battle Wounds"
One nurse said, "He'll have something to show the girls" :) HaHa



Sleeping with my mouth open!


Like Father, Like Son! (Giggle, Giggle)


My Handsome BOYS!!
Oh how I LOVE THEM!!

Perfect Pair!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 (Post Surgery-Day 12)
I am trying to be little more clever with the titles of each post. If any of you have ever read the childrens book called "You Are Special" (one of my all time favorite books) you will know what I mean when I say that Tritt lost a lot of the "gray dots" or "BLING" today and gain a few "gold stars"

Jesse got up earlier than I did this morning and headed to the hospital, while I hustled and got ready myself. When he returned to pick me up-he reported of what went on in the hour he was gone. I couldn't believe my ears at what all went on in such a short amount of time.

Tritt was able to get off the high flow oxygen and to a much lower dose through his nasal tube (hoping to get off of this by tonight or tomorrow), his pace maker "hook ups" that were wired to his heart and stitched to his skin so they would not move around were pulled out, art line in his left wrist-that also went to his heart was taken out, and his feeding tube was pulled out of his small intestine and put into his stomach. The "gray dots" are falling off due to faith, love, and prayers!

"Gold Stars" - Tritt's blood pressure, that was being monitored by his art line, is now measured with a cuff on his calf muscle or his bicep, heart is now just being monitored by the probes on his chest, and as mentioned above lower flow of oxygen through his nasal tube!!

He had been throwing up-acid reflux-more than they would like, but this is not an uncommon occurrence in babies who have had heart surgery. So they have given him a med to help with that. They are also watching his magnesium, potassium, and electros to see if they need to give him any more. Since he still has his chest tubes that are draining out the fluid from his chest cavities, he looses those components in his body. Once he quits producing fluid they will not have to give him anymore, since his body should be able to regulate it.

He also had a feeding test with a bottle today, but he didn't pass it. He had been sucking on his binky all day long-he would even suck on his breathing tube! But when the speech therapist came to do the test, he was not having it! He just sat there like "too bad dude-I'm NOT doing what you want me to do" So we have to try again tomorrow!
So for now we are mainly waiting on his lymphoids to quit producing fluid and him to quit being so stubborn and suck on the bottle!! What a kid! Sure hope this is not any precursor to how he will act in the future. . . . :)

Another Gold Star-or should I say-BRIGHT STAR in our day, was being able to hold and snuggle with him more! Jess and I both enjoyed this tremendously! He would just snuggle right down into our arms and be so content! We just melt!!

Steps closer to getting out of the CICU and on to the 3rd floor in a private room. We have not been told when, but we are hoping and praying soon!!

"With Celestial sight, trials impossible to change, become possible to ENDURE!"
Elder Russell M. Nelson

7 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

He is soo handsome!! One day he will love showing those battle wounds to the ladies!! We call my brother's his zipper and buttons =) I am so happy to hear that you are getting to hold him once again!! YAY!! Thank you for the detailed, timely updates. Your little family is constantly on my mind. I can't wait until you guys get to come home!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Love you guys!!

Ben and Misty said...

I didn't expect it to be such a long cut, it goes right under his cute chubby chin! You have a very handsome little guy, he's going to have to beat the girls off! I love when babies sleep with their mouths open, my kids you could always see their tongues still sucking in their sleep it always cracks me up! We love you guys and are so excited for all the progress!!

Rissy said...

That's great news and cute pics! He is an adorable little guy! It's good to hear the progress and hopefully you get moved to the third floor soon! We love you guys!

Shanna said...

He is so precious. I am in tears every time I read your blog and see his sweet face.

morgan and tina said...

yay yay yay!! I'm so glad things are going well and you're able to hold your wonderful little boy again!!

Tigger said...

The picture of his chest just makes my heart ache, such a large incision in such a tiny body!

I am so relieved to see he is doing so well! It sounds like you and Jess are doing a little better too. :) (I love Max Lucado books too!) I am glad he is losing all of his grey dots!

Mom said...

So glad things are improving! We are praying for your cute little guy! And for you and Jess! Your posts have touched my heart and I have felt of your love for the Savior and your increase of faith. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you! Nancy Riggs