Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Post Surgery Day 5




Tuesday, June 7, 2011 (Post Surgery-Day 5)
Wow I cannot believe that it has been 5 days after surgery. Tritt has come leaps and bounds these past few days!

This morning Jess went over to the hospital around 8am. I was still having a hard time rolling out of bed. While he was there Tritt opened up his eyes for a while and he and dad had a great chat-from what Jess informed me :)

The plan today was to remove his two IV's in his neck (check), remove the stomach catheter (check), remove the "art line" in his bellybutton, and add another art line in his arm. Lose and Gain. . . I hate this game! The reasoning behind it is that they still needed a line to draw his blood-the line in his belly button was still working, but it is not good to leave it in as long as it has been in there-the risk of leaving it in out-weights its benefit.

As I arrived the poor kid was being poked and prodded! The nurses were having a hard time trying to get this line in. We couldn't be close and I could tell we really were not wanted there. I also felt horrible watching my little guy get stuck like a pin cushion, so we went downstairs for breakfast. When we returned they STILL had not got the line in. I was not ok and Jess was going to loose it! Thank heavens my little boy was heavily sedated! So we decided to go to Temple Square. I really didn't want to leave, but it was better that we were not in the middle of it all.

Temple Square was beautiful!! It brought a peace that we both needed to feel today. We walked around and visited the Church History Museum. Neither of us had know of it before and we got to see some wonderful artifacts from early pioneer history. Such a peaceful time!
We also remenised about our 3rd date, where we went to his mission presidents homecoming and then later came to Temple Square. I knew that day that I would marry Jess :) Now look where we are. A handsome little guy and a good future ahead of us. You have to look for the blessings in a world that is so full of negativity and sorrow. We truly are blessed and have grown so much as eternal companions. I am very grateful for the knowledge that I will always have Jess and Tritton in my life!

By the time we got back they had given up on getting the line in. They left the belly button line in until they can get the "art line" in tomorrow. They had stuck him too many times and he had had it! So had I!!!!!

We spent most of the evening with him and he opened up his eyes for a while. We were able to capture a picture of this wonderful moment. He is such a handsome little boy-I just love him!! Then the nurse took a picture of us hovering over him as he was awake. She said that this moment was meant to be captured on film. :)

Tomorrow they will try again to get rid and redo the art line. Also they will be slowly weaning him of his breathing tube. Once that is gone then we can hold him again! They are hoping by the time Friday rolls around that we will be out of ICU and into another recovery room.
Everyday we are getting closer, some set backs to day, but our strength is enduring!!

Love to ALL!!

8 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

*HUGS* Love you guys! Keep up your amazing strength and faith. I can't imagine how you guys were feeling watching him being stuck over and over... so sorry you have to go through all this!! Friday will be here before you know it, and then just a short while until you are home and having to share that handsome little guy with all your crazy friends and loved ones =) You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.... much love <3

Caitlin said...

that is so great that they finally closed him up. I would have had it too if they kept poking and prodding him and could not get the line. Good for you guys that you could get out and reminise about your past dates. Love you guys

Shanna said...

Such great news!! Keep up the good work Tritt!

B and B Slack said...

What a cute little guy! Glad things are looking up. P.S. You look fabulous for just having a baby! I don't think I got dressed for the first month after Brody was born. Anyways, just thought I'd let ya know we were thinkin about you!

Shanna said...

Mrs.Leavitt, I just want you to know that Allysah cares a lot about you and Tritton. She has been fasting praying and thinking about you all of the time. She truly cares about your family. Also when she heard that tritton had a possibility of dying she was balling she was so scared. You are a big part of her life and I want you to know that. I also want you to know that i truely care about you, Jesse, and Tritton as well. This blog has helped us a lot we are checking it 24-7. i am also praying, Fasting, and thinking of your family. We love you!!
- Brooklynn Bundy

Tigger said...

Trit is so cute! He looks like he is doing really well.
You and Jess look like you are holding up well also. I am glad temple square i so close! I put your names in the prayer roll yesterday.

Last fall I learned first hand how strong fasting and prayers can change an outcome.... I am so glad to see you are all doing well. Pur prayers are still with you!
Thanks for the blog update.

Rissy said...

You guys have been so positive through this whole experience! I hope to hear some more improvement soon. What a little fighter Tritton is! I can't wait to meet such a tough little guy. He's definitely a Leavitt! We love you guys and pray for you daily!

Hopie said...

Thanks for the update, I've been watching his progress and thinking about you guys a lot. A word of advice, when it comes time for him to gain weight to go home, DON'T HOLD HIM. Babies burn calories when they're being held. We learned this with our 9 year old when he was in the NICU. No one will tell you that, though. Feed him, burp him, change him and then put him down so he can gain weight. You will be able to hold him all you want at home!!!! Trust me, it's worth it!!!