Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Breath. . . .


"Look All. . . No Breathing Tube!"


Yeah, that's what my little man looks like!!


Dad putting me to sleep-ZZZZ!
Still with my hands in "Stick'em Up Form"


Awww, In My Arms Again. . . LOVED IT!


Flowers from the "Newby Bunch"
Thank You ALL!


Plant from Bloomington Staff
Thank You!! Love You!


Plant from Eric & Autumn & Girls
Thank You Friends!


LARGE Card from so many! We Love It!!
(Kim this was spectacular-Its DARLING!)


Our little family! "Lots of Love" back to all who are praying, fasting, giving, and sending their thoughts to us at this time. We LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!

Monday, June 13, 2011 (Post Surgery-Day 11) & Tritton's "Actual" Due Date
Monday morning Tritton had passed his breathing test and they took out the breathing tube!! WAHOO! He let out a couple of cries and then just laid there content. The nurse and respitory therapist was hoping for a little more active sounds, but not Tritt! After they pulled the tube out of this throat (which made his throat sore and his cries were hoarse anyway) they wiped up all the glue that they use to keep the vent stuck to his face. The nurse was not to careful about it either-hoping to stir him a little into crying some more. . . but it was no use! So they had to give him some high-flow oxygen through a nose tube to remind him to take deeper breaths. They will slowly wean him of this and hopefully get rid of it in a day or two! (What a little stinker :) )

Since Tritton is known to do his "own thing" more often than not, we he did get another IV put into his foot. . . since the one in his hand was too slow. (the flow-since this can mean it is "closing-up") They needed to give him some more blood, due to earlier that morning when the nurse was suctioning out his left chest tube that it had a lot of fluid that was bloody. So out goes one thing, in goes another. But I did find out that he has an o-negative blood type-universal donor!!

Another really terrific event of the day, was getting to hold my little boy-after waiting 11 days to do go again. We couldn't due to the breathing tube and the chest Art Line since it was not stitched in his skin. It was just an amazing feeling to hold my son again. He snuggled right down into my arms and went to sleep. I had a good cry and just loved on him for as along as I could. Oh, how I wished I was home with my little boy! Soon enough. . . . I hope :)

We also got another surprise today. Nikki and Andrew Nelson was up at Primary's with Carter their son for follow up appointments. Nikki and I have become great friends and it was so nice to see familiar faces once again. They had brought up a "care package" from many of our friends from Bloomington & Bloomington Elementary. I am just simply amazed at the outpouring of love and support and generosity that many of you have shown to us. I didn't now know that Jess and I were so loved. Thank you to all for being so kind and considerate of us. We both are at a loss for the right words to say, "Thank You", but truly with every fiber of our souls, we are ever so grateful for all your support. It has made this trial easier to bear and face everyday. THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!! WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN WE COULD EVER EXPRESS!
We wish we could Hug each and everyone of you and tell you Thank You in person-we will eventually!

Through many, we are made stronger and our faith is strengthened! It is very humbling to realize the support and love of many. It opens your eyes to a whole new world and perspective of life. I have been listing ways that Jess and I can give back to these facilities that have also been such a blessing for us. You definitely gain a higher appreciation for those who sacrifice their time, money, talents, and efforts to make our situation a little more bearable.

Again, Thank you to all!! We love you and are strengthened by your simple and yet, immeasurable sacrifices that you have made in our behalf. Hugs and Kisses!! XOXOX

4 comments:

Rissy said...

Yeah! No breathing tube! And you got to hold him again. That must have been such a special moment for you! We hope he keeps getting better and that you get to take him home soon!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Awww D, I am crying for you!! Tears of HAPPINESS!! I am so happy that you were able to hold your baby again; I can't imagine your pure JOY!! You all continue to be at the front of our thoughts and prayers. Much love going out to you, friend!!

Shanna said...

Danielle,
You have already sacrificed so much for so many. You are such a great example. I can't wait until I am able to give you a big hug as well and see that little angel. I am so glad you can hold him now, there is no other feeling like that. He is such a handsome little guy, I could just stare at his cute little face. Keep up the good work Tritton so Mommy and Daddy can bring you home soon!!!

Ben and Misty said...

So much better! He is looking so much less confined, that poor little guy! I'm so glad he is doing better!!